The Internet is certainly a marketplace of ideas. Lots of people and lots of opinions. We are all used to that, but I was still particularly intrigued by the following two posts I came across today, each presenting a different viewpoint on the question of whether one should date a dog owner or not.
The original articles elaborate on and/or justify each of the stated reasons. I’ve made it easy and summarized below the reasons for and against dating a dog owner. To keep it fair, I skipped the last reason to date a dog owner, so that they each have 10 reasons. Read them, think about them, and then decide for yourself if you should date a dog owner.
- Is Social
- Is Active
- Is Responsible
- Is Thoughtful
- Is Playful
- Is Forgiving
- Is Loyal
- Is Easy Going
- Enjoys Life
- Is Good Companion
- Sex is (usually) loud, and looks violent even if it’s not
- Many dog owners sleep with their dogs
- Be prepared to do all the trekking if you want sleepovers
- No impromptu weekend getaways
- Your stuff may get destroyed at some point
- No more lazy mornings in bed
- The dog park isn’t really a romantic place for a date
- You probably won’t come first
- Then there’s the jealousy thing
- If relationship blossoms – unexpected dog ownership
So what do you think? Are you going to seek out a dog owner to date – or run like heck from such a possibility?! Please share your thoughts in the comments area below.
Did you enjoy this post? Please click on the buttons below to share with your friends!