Many dogs love soccer. They quickly learn how to bat the ball with their paws and how to play defense. Soccer is truly a dog’s sport.
If you want to teach your dog how to play soccer, try these tips:
- Let your dog watch you kick the ball around. Use only your feet; don’t pick the ball up with your hands.
- Toss the ball toward your dog and see what he does.
- If he picks the ball up in his mouth, gently tell him “no” and kick the ball around some more.
- If your dog begins to “hug” the ball with his front paws, move over and gently kick it out and away from him. He will naturally move to retrieve it.
- When he tries to retrieve the ball, kick it again.
- Many dogs will eventually either use their legs or their noses to move the ball around.
You can get a rousing game of soccer going in the backyard and tire your dog out in no time!
You Might Also Like:
Did you enjoy this post? Please click on the buttons below to share with your friends!